Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blogger's lament...


The final day of February, autumn's on the march and I haven't managed to get anything up since the third. Shame on you, lady gardener; there's been so much to share. The zucchinis just keep coming, though due to the hot and rainy conditions, I'm losing alot to rot. But for a first foray, I have been very pleased. The multitude has given me ample opportunity to refine the zucchini slice recipe, half a cup of oil is way too much and results in a very soggy, oily slice, a quarter of a cup is definitely the more responsible option. I've also been enjoying tomatoes in dribs and drabs; romas, cherries and the first of the yellow pear are just starting to come on. Each season, I love to make my green tomato chutney so keep an eye as I'll post the recipe soon. Leeks and beetroot have also been pulled and again, I am revelling in triumph, a leek tart was devoured before I even thought to photograph its perfection - shouts out to gruyere* and goat's cheese for coming to the party!

Another seasonal bonus is the second flush of roses. The old fashioned beauty above is delightfully scented and very full in its bloom. It occurred to me last night that roses, like boats are always female. I call this beauty, Pink Panther Perfection...you can call me the Queen of Alliteration.


View from the back steps...the cherry down the back is already sporting a few tentative orange bronze leaves.

*If I were in charge of a marketing campaign for this cheese, it would definitely include the phrase gru-YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment